A real answer

As Long pointed out in comments below, Iverson to Minnesota probably isn't happening. So real quick, what are the more likely outcomes. Since indications are that it'll be a team in the West who can deal one or two very talented players back (thus keeping the Sixers roster from becoming overloaded), here are some possibilities I found while watching Vince Young womp all over the Houston Texans franchise.

Iverson for...

... Jason Richardson and Troy Murphy
Probably works from a talent standpoint, but Richardson's coming off minor knee surgery and Philly already has a jump-shooting power forward with a huge contract.

... Corey Maggette and Shaun Livingston, oh, and Zeljko Rebraca
Not sure who the foreign guy is, but he's making over $3 mil this year, which gets the deal under the cap. I'm rooting for this deal simply because my fantasy team would love to have Maggette become the first option on a bad team.

... Mike Bibby and Corliss Williamson
Do you really want to trade for a guy with mallet thumb and another guy nicknamed Big Nasty? I wouldn't. (Plus, House Party, aka Kevin Martin is doing just fine for them at two guard.)

Finally, I keep coming back to the Knicks, mainly because I know Isiah loves Iverson and because their players are so ridiculously overpaid. Iverson and Chris Webber for ...

... Jamal Crawford, David Lee, Malik Rose, and Stephon Marbury
Philly would be able to dump Webber's contract and hope beyond all evidence to the contrary that Marbury (and Malik) could get ressurrect their games circa 2000. Crawford and Lee are two genuine talents. Although I don't know if even Isiah is silly enough to let Lee go. It's also worth noting here that the expiring contract of Jalen Rose, which the Knicks bought out a couple months ago, would've been extremely useful in putting this deal together. Whoops.

So in conclusion, I have no idea what will happen. Your alternative deals are welcome in comments.

Labels: ,