'Tis the season


the glamour of getting married, originally uploaded by Mr. Wright.

Weddings, weddings, weddings. Trying to finish this wedding from months ago, which I'm basically doing for free, so I can have a clean slate for Leslie and Bryan's in — wow — one week!

Some of you — like two people who read this blog, maybe — will remember Hugh from high school. The photos from the the first part of his wedding are now on Flickr. Photographically, these were bad, bad times. The light in the chapel was atrocious, easily the worst I've ever shot in. So very yellow, yet so dark. The crappy old hand-me-down flash I had at the time just didn't have the reach, so I tried to fudge by shooting at ISO 1600. Didn't really work. At least I got the kiss.

Anyways, thankfully the reception was in a room with a much lower ceiling, so I could flash away. While the service was one of the worst I've ever shot, the reception might've been the best. And that's where all the fun is, right?

Labels: ,