The San Francisco Retreat


danny in a void, originally uploaded by Mr. Wright.

Hot damn, there's like three puns in that one use of retreat.

Obviously, it's been a long week, with the end of the legislative session and all, so I'm really looking forward to my trip tomorrow back to the Bay.

Leslie and Bryan's wedding is the main event, but I'll also be meeting Danny out there so we can keep the 15-year dynamic duo going. I'm especially eager to see Leslie, Clare, and Amy all together in one place for the first time since ... college? Eesh, might be for me. And, of course, I can't wait to hang out with Seemay, Reid, Chad, and the gang. Why did 80 percent of the close friends I made in college move to the Bay Area? I guess once you visit the answer is self-evident.

Anyways, need to cut this short, because I still have an insane amount to do between now and take-off in like 18 hours. I can't believe I'll have to be back in Austin and working again within less than 72 hours of my departure. Isn't a journalist's life grand?

The puns, by the way:
1. Re-treat — as in, to treat myself again.
2. Retreat — as in, I give up trying to understand the Lege and must flee the scene.
3. Retreat — as in, a sojourn to a place of tranquility, peacefulness, and a distinct absence of gavels.

Labels: , , ,